Drive Chip & Putt
In an effort to promote interest and participation in the game of golf, the Masters Tournament Foundation, United States Golf Association (USGA) and The PGA of America created the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship, a free, nationwide junior skills competition that will conclude at Augusta National Golf Club each year.
Participants in the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship will advance through local and regional qualifiers conducted throughout the United States. Competitors will be comprised of boys and girls ages 7-15, and they will compete in separate divisions in four age categories. The regional champions in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age categories will advance to the finals to be held at Augusta National the Sunday before the Masters Tournament. The Championship finals will be produced and broadcast by Golf Channel.
The Nebraska PGA Section and Nebraska Golf Association will host three local qualifiers and one sub-regional qualifier within the Nebraska Section (Nebraska, Western Iowa & Southern South Dakota).
- The 2018 Drive, Chip and Putt Championship is open to boys and girls ages 7-15. Boys and girls will compete in separate divisions in four age categories: 7-9 years old; 10-11 years old; 12-13 years old; and 14-15 years old.
- Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the championship final on Sunday, April 1, 2019. Participants must be at least 7 years of age on Sunday, April 1, 2019, and may not be older than 15 years of age on Sunday, April 1, 2019.
- All participants will be expected to show proof of age should they advance to regional qualifying. Failure to provide a birth certificate or proper form of age verification at the regional qualifier will result in that participant being ineligible to compete.
- Participants may register to compete in only one local competition. Competing in more than one local competition will result in the automatic disqualification of that participant.
- The guardian or parent of all participants must submit a release of liability form prior to participation.
- All competitors must conform to the USGA Rules of Amateur Status. Participation in the Drive, Chip & Putt Championship will in no way affect a competitor’s amateur status.
- The player’s clubs and golf balls must conform with Rules of Golf and the provisions, specifications and interpretations set forth in Appendices II (for golf clubs) and III (for golf balls).
- Parents/guardians are required to complete the entry form on behalf of participants. All entry applications must be submitted online at the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship website. Entries by telephone, mail or facsimile will not be accepted. No on-site registration will be permitted.
- Only one entry may be filed by a parent/guardian per participant. The championship officials reserve the right to disqualify anyone who submits more than one entry.
- Registration is now open
- There is no entry fee for the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship
- All participants must begin the competition at the local qualifying level.
- The sub-regional competition is a new competition with no carryover from the local competition. The regional competition is also a new competition with no carryover from the sub-regional competition. The overall champion in each of the boys and girls divisions from the four age categories will advance to the finals to be held the Sunday before the Masters Tournament (April 7th, 2019).
- The national championship final is a new competition with no carryover from the regional competition.
- Each participant will compete in all three skills (Drive, Chip& Putt). An individual rules sheet for each skill competition is available on the championship website.
- Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the Overall Champion of his or her age category.
- In the case of tie in the overall score, the putting rank will serve as the tie breaker (followed by 1) chipping and 2) driving if necessary).
Prizes & Gifts
- Local qualifying: Each participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logo cinch sack and car magnet.
- Subregional qualifying: Each participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logo hat and golf towel.
- Regional qualifying: Each participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logo divot tool kit and head cover.
- Championship finalists: Each participant will receive a Drive, Chip and Putt Championship logo golf shirt and matching cap along with a bag tag, as well as three (3) Monday Practice Round tickets for the 2018 Masters Tournament.
Prizes will be awarded at each level of the competition to individual skill champions as well as overall champions for boys and girls in each age category.
Requests for a golf cart due to a permanent disability (as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)) which for these purposes is a permanent disability which substantially limits the ability to walk the facility must follow the official process and procedure. All required information must be submitted in writing to the championship organizers and must be received within five business days of submitting an entry application online. Phone submissions not accepted. Requests due to temporary injuries or impairments will not be granted. In the event of a change in medical condition, which occurs subsequent to submission of the entry application, written submission of all documentation must be received no later than seven days before the qualifier or championship proper as applicable.
- Local, Sub-Regional and Regional competitions are held rain or shine. In the case of dangerous or unplayable weather conditions, after every effort is made to complete the competition, the Nebraska PGA & Nebraska Golf Association will cancel and reschedule the event. The decision to cancel rests solely in the hands of the host organization.
- If your qualifier is canceled, the Nebraska PGA and Nebraska Golf Association will send out further details regarding the rescheduled date and time once established.
- The Drive, Chip & Putt Executive Committee, its agents and subordinate organizers, reserve the right to rule and make any recommendations regarding the Drive, Chip & Putt Competition that they feel are beneficial to the continuance of the program. All decisions are final.
- Participation constitutes permission to use competitor’s name and likeness for any necessary purpose without compensation.